Controls and Safety Instrumented Systems Fundamentals
This skill module extends the learning from the SIS, Monitoring, and Control Core module. There will be some sizing calculations and discussion of common instrumentation and types of control valves, with their advantages and disadvantages. Learning will be applied to the example facility. There will be two interactive sessions with discussion of applications chosen by course participants.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Facilities/process engineers, as well as engineers and operations staff involved in process safety and asset integrity.
You will learn how to:
- Explain control valve sizing and selection for some common applications
- Explain the advantages, disadvantages, and typical applications of commonly used instrumentation
- Explain the application of commonly used process control techniques
- Explain how a Safety Instrumented System (Emergency Shutdown System) is applied in facility design, using the logic which was introduced in the Core module
- Apply the learning to the example facility
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...