Control Valves for Oil and Gas Applications
This skill module provides an overview of the control valves and actuation devices commonly used in oil and gas operations. The focus is to understand terminology, concepts, typical equipment configurations, and common pitfalls in order to make proper selection that is fit for application.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Process, chemical, and mechanical engineers, (i.e. non-instrumentation and non-electrical disciplines), as well as other technical and non-technical professionals with little or no background in IC&E systems.
You will learn
- Provide an overview of valve construction
- Briefly discuss the various methods of valve actuation
- Discuss the relevance of the vena contracta
- Compare the difference between flashing and cavitation
- Describe the various types of control valves
- Describe the various types of actuation devices
- Provide a basic overview of pressure regulators and their applications
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...