Casing and Cementing - CAC
This course builds a firm foundation in the principles and practices of designing, planning and conducting successful casing and cement jobs.
The course uses a process-based perspective that takes participants from initial casing depth and size selection, casing and liner design procedures, casing running practices, and planning and executing primary cementing through remedial cementing and plugging operations. In addition to the necessary technical information and procedures, the course is laced with considerable practical, experience-based content.
Participants will be furnished Dr. Byrom's textbook, "Casing and Liners for Drilling and Completion," and computer spreadsheets to facilitate routine calculations.
Who should attend?
Operating company and service company personnel responsible for planning, overseeing, and executing cementing operations.
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
You will learn how to:
- Use cementing additives properly to improve and reduce job costs
- Interpret laboratory test results
- Perform primary cementing operations to include: casing cementing, liner cementing, multi-stage cementing
- Conduct squeeze jobs and selection of squeeze tools
- Perform cement plug operations to improve overall job success
- Interpret cement sheath evaluation logs
Training Course Content
- The overall cementing operation
- Primary cementing
- Remedial cementing
- Plug cementing
- The use of cement additives
- Laboratory testing
- Casing hardware
- Cement sheath integrity
- Cement sheath evaluation
- Mixing equipment
- Special cement systems
- Cement guidelines
- Current documents
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team