Basin Analysis Workshop: An Integrated Approach - BA
Basin analysis demands an integrated approach from explorationists. It can be both inappropriate and misleading to suggest that the tectonic-thermal-sedimentologic evolution of any one basin is an established fact, or even that all basins submit to the same simple and equivocal models.
This five-day course provides the theory, methods, and practice for participants to develop and optimize their own individual basin evaluation and modeling modus operandi. Incorporated as practical problems for workshop analysis and significant group discussion are case histories from throughout the world utilizing geologic, geophysical, and geochemical data. Areas for analysis are selected from the Middle East, West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico, Mid-Continent U.S., South America, and Southeast Asia.
In addition, students construct and interpret their own geohistory subsidence curves using BASINMOD, the industries standard computer software for basin modeling.
Who should attend?
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
You will learn how to:
- Systematically assess the evolution of a basin's petroleum system criticals through space and time through a non-linear parallel approach integrating geology, geophysics, and geochemistry
- Deconstruct a basin through space and time and build predictive basin models useful in exploration
- Evaluate the geomechanical fundamentals controlling a basin's burial history through tectonic subsidence analysis
- Determine the thermal history of a basin and its importance upon source maturity dynamics
- Relate organic source quantity and quality to sedimentary processes and environments
- Delineate migration pathways through space and time
- Characterize the essentials of reservoir and seal quality
- Construct and analyze petroleum events chart
- Geovalidate the model
- Rank and quantify petroleum system risk deterministically and stochastically using Monte Carlo methods
- Construct and analyze a decision tree
- Classify basins for optimizing their exploration and development
Training Course Content
- Introduction to the Petroleum System and Petroleum System Criticals
- Geomechanical fundamentals of basin formation
- Burial history curve
- Tectonic subsidence analysis
- Geothermics: steady state and rifting
- Organic geochemistry: quantity, quality, and maturity
- Migration pathways
- Reservoir-traps-seals and analogs
- Critical points
- Basin classification
- Quantifying uncertainty, minimizing risk, and making decisions
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team