Basics of Static Mechanical Equipment - BSM - Virtual, Blended Course
This course provides an overview of mechanical non-rotating, static equipment. The focus is on equipment selection and integrity of pressure vessels, piping and heat exchangers and their integration into the process scheme and control strategy in upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities. The course addresses code requirements focusing on ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel code as well as B31 code and API tank construction codes. Heat exchanger sizing and TEMA requirements are also discussed. Piping hydraulics and corrosion mechanisms are reviewed to ensure correct equipment sizing and integrity management. The material of the course is applicable to field production facilities, pipelines, gas plants, and offshore systems.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Facilities engineers, process engineers, senior operations personnel, field supervisors, and engineers who select, design, install, evaluate or operate gas processing plants and related facilities
- Mechanical equipment
- Properties of materials
- Piping systems and welding
- Heat transfer equipment overview
- Unfired pressure vessels
- Fired heaters and boilers
- Storage tanks
- Corrosion control and protection
- Fire protection systems
Certification / Credits
You will learn how to:
- Define and describe the principles and application of thermodynamic work, energy, efficiency, fluid flow, heat transfer and machines.
- Describe the structural and foundation concepts and its impact on equipment performance and the typical mounting interface used for supporting rotating equipment and outline mounting interface options.
- Define the cause and effect of different types of vibrations, how to collect accurate data on them and how to mitigate them in machinery.
- Define the basic principles of centrifugal action in pumps and compressors and describe how these principles achieve and limit performance, efficiency, vibration and heat.
- Describe how a pumping / compression system is evaluated and why it is a prerequisite to selecting a pump / compressor.
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...