Basic Petroleum Geology – Phases of Conventional Exploration and Development
This module explains the Exploration and Production (E&P) Cycle. In the first part of the module, a brief overview of the Exploration and Production (E&P) Cycle is given. In the second part of the module, the Exploration Phase of Conventional Projects is described, including the progression from regional basin studies to Exploration Play Concept development, the delineation of Exploration Leads, and the definition of drillable Prospects. The third part of the module describes the Conventional Field Development process, which consists of four Stages: 1) Discovery and Initial Appraisal of the accumulation, 2) Full Appraisal, 3) Primary Development of the field, and 4) Enhanced Recovery.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Petroleum industry personnel in need of basic geological training, including engineering, geophysical, technical support and administrative personnel.
You will learn how to
- Explain the concept of the Exploration and Production or E&P Cycle
- Understand the steps in the Exploration Process and the work done in each:
- Play Concept Definition
- Lead Identification
- Prospect Definition
- Describe the four Stages of Conventional Field Development:
- Discovery and Initial Appraisal
- Full Appraisal
- Primary Development
- Enhanced Recovery
- Understand the concept of Reservoir Flow Units as the basis for a common industry technique of reservoir zonation
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...