Basic Petroleum Geology − Petroleum System – Examples
To reinforce the petroleum system concepts presented in other Basic Petroleum Geology – Petroleum System skill modules, this module describes examples of petroleum systems. The first part focuses on examples of Marine Basin Petroleum Systems, characterized by marine shale source rocks. The second part of the module provides an example of a Terrestrial Basin Petroleum System, characterized by a lake or lacustrine shale source rocks.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Petroleum industry personnel in need of basic geological training, including engineering, geophysical, technical support and administrative personnel.
You will learn how to
- Describe the North Sea Central Graben as an example of a vertically drained marine basin petroleum system
- List elements of the North Sea Central Graben petroleum system, explain its timing, and define its critical moment
- Describe the Ekofisk Field as an example of the North Sea Central Graben petroleum system
- Describe the East Venezuela Basin as an example of a laterally drained marine basin petroleum system
- Describe the Songliao Basin, NE China as an example of a terrestrial basin petroleum system
- List elements of the Songliao Basin petroleum system, explain its timing, and define its critical moment
- Describe the Daan Field as an example of the Songliao Basin petroleum system
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...