Basic Petroleum Geology – Introduction
This introductory skill module is an overview of Petroleum Geology and the Petroleum System Concept. The purpose is to familiarize learners with basic aspects of Petroleum Geology and the role of the Petroleum Geologist in the overall process of Petroleum Exploration and Production, for both Conventional and Unconventional Resources.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Petroleum industry personnel in need of basic geological training, including engineering, geophysical, technical support and administrative personnel.
You will learn
- The main elements and processes that comprise the petroleum system
- The basics of reservoir fluids—oil, gas, and water
- The phases and stages of exploration, field development, and production for conventional oil and gas fields
- The main phases of the exploration and development process for unconventional resources
- Key technological developments in the history of the oil and gas industry and their impact on petroleum geology
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...