Basic Drilling, Completions and Workover Operations - BDC - Virtual, Blended Course
This course presents the basics of drilling and completion operations, plus post-completion enhancement (workovers). Participants will learn to visualize what is happening downhole, discover what can be accomplished, and learn how drilling and completion can alter reservoir performance. Learn to communicate with drilling and production personnel.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Technical, field, service, support, and supervisory personnel desiring to gain an awareness of wellbore operations. Excellent for cross-training of other technical disciplines such as reservoir and facility engineers, geoscientists, supervisors, service personnel, and anyone who interacts with drilling, completion or workover engineers.
This course is comprised of the following skill modules (Approx. 3 Hours Each):
- Drilling Operations & Well Completions
- Defining Well Objectives
- Bit & Hydraulics
- Drill String & BHA
- Drilling Fluids & Solids Control
- Directional Drilling & Trajectory Design
- Oilfield Casing
- Primary & Remedial Cementing
- Onshore Conventional Well Completion
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Formation Damage & Matrix Stimulation
- Sand Control
- Well Intervention
Certification / Credits
You will learn:
- How to comprehend drilling and workover reports
- What can be done within open-hole and cased wells, as a part of reservoir management
- How drilling practices can optimize cash flow and ultimate recovery
- How to communicate with drilling and production personnel
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...