Artificial Lift Systems - ALSPetroSkills
Artificial Lift Systems - ALS
All available course dates
Artificial Lift Systems - ALS
This course blends lecture, hands-on exercises, and seminar teaching styles to enhance learning. Participants work with software that allows them to design and analyze artificial lift designs, which points the way to improved efficiency, higher production and less downtime due to failures. Participants learn how to design and troubleshoot rod pumping, continuous gas lift, and electric submersible pump systems. Other methods such as PCP, plunger lift, jet pump, hydraulic pump, and intermittent gas lift are presented as viable AL techniques.
Participants gain experience in solving problems by hand and also by using industry computer software. Troubleshooting is an important part of artificial lift operations and several typical surveillance problems are solved. The class includes pictures and videos of the most important equipment components being applied. The course emphasizes techniques to maximize production. New developments at various stages of application are also covered. A discussion of modifications necessary for horizontal or unconventional wells is included for all methods of lift discussed. Examples of how these techniques are being applied in producing unconventional wells are presented. Distinct features of all lift methods are presented allowing the attendee to know how to select the best lift for well or field conditions.
"I've taken six PetroSkills seminars. This course and instructor are the best I've ever had!" - Participant, Canada
"I was happy with how everything was split up. Good job. Happy with what we covered in the time we had." - Participant, United States
Who should attend?
Engineers, technicians, field supervisors, and others who select, design, install, evaluate, or operate artificial lift systems.
- Overview of artificial lift technology
- Selection criteria
- Reservoir performance
- Artificial lift screening
- Economic analysis
- Rod pump, gas lift, and ESP equipment selection and design
- Best practices for each system
Certification / Credits
- Apply techniques to maximize oil production economically with artificial lift systems
- Make basic PVT properties and inflow performance calculations related to artificial lift
- Understand and apply multiphase tubing and pipe flow principles
- Select the appropriate artificial lift system by examining the drawdown potential of each method, the initial and operating expense and the range of production and depth possible with each method; special problems such as sand/scale/deviation etc. are discussed with each method
- Specify components and auxiliary equipment needed for each system
- Know what best practices are available to extend the life of equipment and installed lift systems
- Apply basic design and analysis concepts
- Design and operate system features for each method under harsh conditions
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
Contact this provider
Average rating 4Based on 3 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...