Applied Water Technology in Oil and Gas Production - PF-21
This course provides an overview of the main water handling systems typically encountered in upstream (E&P) production operations, both onshore and offshore. The chemistry of the main water-related problems of mineral scales, corrosion, bacteria, and oily water will be reviewed both from the theoretical and practical aspects.
Produced water treatment equipment and typical water quality specifications will also be reviewed, as well as water injection and disposal systems. An exercise will be given to identify typical system problems and to apply the knowledge you gained to propose solutions.
Emphasis will be placed on understanding and resolving operational problems in process equipment.
Who should attend?
Managers, engineers, chemists, and operators needing to understand water-related problems in oil and gas production and their solutions.
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
- The basics of oilfield water chemistry
- How to monitor and control corrosion, scale, and bacterial growth in produced water and water injection/disposal systems
- How to implement system surveillance programs to detect potential problems before system damage occurs; Produced (oily) water treatment options and related treatment equipment
- How to use the knowledge gained to identify typical system problems and be able to propose solutions
Training Course Content
- Water chemistry fundamentals
- Water sampling and analysis
- Water formed scales
- Corrosion control
- Water treatment microbiology
- Produced water discharge/disposal and treatment principles
- Produced water treating equipment - theory of operation, advantages and disadvantages, and the importance of oil droplet size
- Water injection and disposal systems - theory of operation, corrosion, scale, and biological control
- Case study
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team