Advanced Hydraulic Fracturing - AHF
This advanced course is designed for those who have a practical understanding of the applications of hydraulic fracturing and want to expand their knowledge. The course provides the details and discussion of fracturing concepts usually accepted or assumed in fracturing applications. The strengths and limitations of various approaches to fracturing treatment design are also covered. Attendees should leave the advanced course with a better understanding of the hydraulic fracturing process and how it relates to post-frac well performance, after working on real fracturing cases design and analysis throughout the course.
"The instructor has a great enthusiasm for teaching. He has a lot of knowledge, and is very willing to pass it on." - Production Engineer
"I think time was devoted well to all subjects. Practical applications, examples, knowledge of instructor. This class was great, I can't think of any improvements." - Operations Engineer#BBD0E0»
Who should attend?
Production, operations, and completions engineers who are actively involved in hydraulic fracturing applications and desire a more in-depth understanding of hydraulic fracturing theory and applied concepts. It is designed for engineers that have some fracturing experience or those who have already attended the PetroSkills Intermediate level Hydraulic Fracturing Applications course
- Rock properties and fracture mechanics related to the fracturing process
- Fracturing fluid mechanics
- Proppant transport
- Pre-frac injection test analysis
- Fracture closure
- Fracture monitoring and fracture measurement
- Fluid leak-off
- Re-fracturing considerations
- Review of existing fracture modeling software
- Evaluation of post-frac well performance
Certification / Credits
- Better understand rock properties and rock mechanics related to fracturing applications
- Better understand fracturing fluid mechanics and proppant transport
- More effectively design fracturing treatments through better understanding of factors influencing hydraulic fracturing applications
- Use pre-frac injection test data and real-time fracturing treatment data in fracturing applications to define fracture parameters and improve frac treatment design
- Consider factors influencing post-frac fracture conductivity and well cleanup
- Realize the strengths and limitations of existing hydraulic fracturing technology and fracture models
- Expand fracturing applications to fit a wider range of reservoir types and conditions
Average rating 4.2
I think time was devoted well to all subjects. Practical applications, examples, knowledge of instructor. This class was great, I can't think of any improvements.
Problems given in exercise section were very good. I learned a lot from exercises.
Practical exercises. Great course.
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...