In Specialty Treatments for Wood, you'll learn ...
- The methods and benefits of plasticizing wood
- How and why modified wood is manufactured
- The process of producing paper-based plastic laminates
- The benefits and limitations of heat treating wood
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 32 pages
Many specialty treatments can be applied to wood to either improve its performance or change its properties. The treatments discussed in this course are those that make permanent changes in the shape of the wood product, improvements in dimensional stability, or improvements in performance through combinations with non-wood resources.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Principles of plasticizing wood for the purpose of bending
- Methods for bending plywood and other laminated wood members
- Bending of solid wood members
- General characteristics of bent wood
- The benefits of chemically treating wood to produce modified wood
- Properties of modified wood
- Wood heat treatment methods, benefits and limitations
- Properties and commercial applications for wood-polymer composites
- Types of paper-based plastic laminates and their commercial applications
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...