In Soil Mechanics Series - Laboratory Testing, you'll learn ...
- Types of soil index tests and how the information is used
- Methods for performing consolidation, compaction and permeability testing and how to interpret the results
- Considerations for developing and implementing a laboratory and in-situ testing program for evaluating soil shear strength
- Tests that can be performed to evaluate the swell (expansion) and collapse potential of soils for foundation design
- Common sense guidelines for laboratory testing of soils
Credit: 6 PDH
Length: 86 pages
Laboratory testing of soils is an essential part of geotechnical projects. A laboratory test program is required to assess, select, and test soil specimens collected during field investigation to provide soil index and performance properties for design and construction.
This course, as a part of the soil mechanics series, covers basics and standards in soil laboratory testing. This course is applicable to geotechnical, civil, mining, structural, and environmental engineers, as well as design and construction personnel involved with the planning, design, and construction of building structures that utilize soils.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 40 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Principles and precautions in soil laboratory testing
- Basics, standards and state-of-practices in soil laboratory testing
- Fundamentals and set-ups for soil index and performance property tests
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...