In Shale Gas: Development of the Most Active Plays in the United States , you'll learn ...
- The geology of shale formations
- Differences between tight gas, coal bed natural gas (CBNG) and shale gas reservoirs
- How new technologies are enabling development of shale gas plays that were previously believed to have limited viability
- Characteristics and comparisons of seven of the most active gas shale basins in the nation
Credit: 1 PDH
Length: 15 pages
Shale gas is natural gas that is found trapped within shale formations. Shale gas has become an increasingly important source of natural gas in the United States since the start of this century, and interest has spread to potential gas shales in the rest of the world.
In 2000 shale gas provided only 1% of U.S. natural gas production; by 2010 it was over 20% and it is predicted that by 2035, 46% of the United States' natural gas supply will come from shale gas.
In this course, you’ll learn the basic geology behind how shale gas is formed. You’ll discover how new technologies are enabling production of shales that was previously not feasible. Finally, the course provides data and comparisons of the seven most active gas shale basins in the U.S.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Brief history of shale gas development in the 20th century
- How shale gas is formed
- The preferred stimulation method for gas shales
- Key characteristics of the most active shale gas plays across the U.S.
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...