In Recent Trends and Innovations in Arc Flash Assessment, you'll learn ...
- New equipment design features used for arc flash reduction
- Low voltage power circuit breakers with CPU–based protection, monitoring, control, and diagnostic features
- Zone - selective interlocking (ZSI) arrangements for arc flash mitigation
- Recent MCC design innovations that improve reliability and safety
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 40 pages
New equipment and innovations are resulting in improvements in arc flash systems and providing a safer work environment for personnel involved in maintenance of electrical equipment. Also some old established methods are being revisited. Coordination of instantaneous devices in series is a new field, as well as the development of current limiting low voltage molded case circuit breakers. There are also innovations in the construction of low – voltage MCCs, a new breed of low - voltage trip programmers, remote racking of MCC buckets and more.
This course is intended for engineers with a desire to learn about recent trends and innovations in arc flash assessment.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 16 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Low voltage system protection principles
- Medium voltage system protection principles
- Arc flash hazard reduction techniques
- MCC design features and improvements used for arc flash reduction
- Fault current limiters
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...