In PV Systems Safety, you'll learn ...
- PV system characteristics and potential hazards
- Relevant safety standards and codes
- Possible injuries and basic first aid concepts
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 16 pages
This course provides helpful and easily-accessible instructions on how to work safely with photovoltaic (PV) systems. The course includes a description of specific hazards, their frequent causes, and ways to prevent and avoid them.
This course has three different sections:
- The PV System Characteristics and Hazards section provides the background of PV system characteristics and relevant hazards involved with PV systems. Recommended safe-guards are provided.
- The Safe PV Systems section presents a discussion of relevant safety standards and codes, and regulations that need to be followed and applied when designing, installing, testing and commissioning a PV system.
- The For Your Health section contains a discussion of possible injuries and elaborates on basic First Aid concepts.
Each installation presents hazards to engineers, technicians and maintenance staff. Helping you distinguish these hazards and avert injury is the main goal of this course.
This course is suitable for engineers and technicians involved in PV system installation and operation. Presented details cover issues related to safe work with PV systems. Upon successful completion you will be able to recognize critical PV safety issues and will learn ways to avoid potential accidents.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 24 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- PV system types
- Balance of systems
- System hazards and related recommendations
- The main requirements of the National Electric Code that are applicable to the design and operation of PV installations
- Safety suggestions for a testing a PV installation
- The first aid procedures that anyone working on PV installations should be familiar with
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...