In Process Piping - Supports and Components, you'll learn ...
- The necessary inputs and design steps for selecting pipe supports
- Various configurations of pipe racks and the layout requirements
- Common types of secondary pipe supports
- Guidelines for support spacing
Credit: 5 PDH
Length: 73 pages
All pipes irrespective of materials of construction have a self-weight based on diameter of pipe and wall thickness. Pipe supports, pipe hangers etc. are normally used to support pipe lines by suspending them from structural members or supporting pipe lines from the bottom where ever feasible.
Pipe lines not supported at regular intervals will lead to sagging, causing stress at welded joints, flanges etc., which may result in leaks & ultimately lead to failure or rupture in the line. Therefore it is essential to have a well-designed pipe layout and pipe supports / hangers for long trouble free service in the plant.
This 5-hour course provides guidance on the design, layout, selection and installation of pipe support systems.
This course is Part 7 of a 9-part series that covers the entire gamut of piping engineering in an easy-to-learn format. Each course in the series is stand-alone. Feel free to jump back and forth through the courses depending on your own knowledge and experience and your current needs. However, it is suggested that you complete the series in sequential order if you have limited knowledge of piping systems.
This course is intended for mechanical engineers, chemical engineers, piping engineers, control systems engineers, as well as civil, structural and electrical engineers who have a need or a desire to know more about piping components and systems. No prerequisite knowledge of the subject is required.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 30 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The primary functions of pipe supports
- The difference between primary and secondary supports
- The different types of hangers, restraints and braces
- The difference between pipe racks and sleepers
- The various types and configurations of pipe racks and the layout requirements
- The difference between rigid hangers, variable spring hangers, and constant hangers
- The purpose of pipe shoes, clamps, saddles, trunnion supports
- The different types of brackets, restraints, snubbers, struts, braces, PTFE slide bearings etc.
- The spacing criterion for pipe supports
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...