In Process Piping - Metallic Piping Systems, you'll learn ...
- Metallic piping materials and their properties
- The proper application of each material
- Factors contributing to corrosion and practical methods for controlling them
- Support spacing and thermal expansion considerations for metallic piping
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 52 pages
This course addresses engineering requirements for metallic piping systems. It discusses various types of metallic piping and their properties, corrosion theory, corrosion prevention, pipe support requirements, thermal stresses, pipe specifications, material properties, and common alloys and their proper application. It also includes examples of design calculations and references to relevant industry standards.
This course is applicable to civil, environmental, sanitary, and mechanical engineers in many industries, including water/wastewater, manufacturing, chemical, and HVAC.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Theory of corrosion
- Galvanic corrosion causes and mitigations
- Pitting corrosion causes and mitigations
- Intergranular corrosion causes and mitigations
- Stress-corrosion cracking causes and mitigations
- Erosion corrosion causes and mitigations
- Piping supports for metallic piping systems
- Assessing the need for thermal stress analysis
- Material grades, specifications and suitable applications for specific pipe materials, including ductile iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, nickel alloys and aluminum
- Material compatibility recommendations for specific fluids contacting metallic piping, non-metallic piping and elastomeric materials
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...