In Phasing Options for Traffic Signals, you'll learn ...
- NEMA vehicle phase numbering conventions
- The concepts of exclusive and concurrent pedestrian phases
- Phasing options and examples, including split phasing and quad phasing, as well as T-intersection phasing with either a 4-phase or 8-phase controller
- Single ring and dual ring phasing and parent/child and independent overlaps
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 23 pages
This Traffic Signal design course describes the process used for selecting and evaluating traffic signal phasing options. The material is intended to provide a practical overview of traffic signal phasing and its proper application. Included in the course is a discussion of NEMA phase numbering, overlap designations, and design treatments for handling left turns.
A basic knowledge of traffic signal operation is needed in order to understand the concepts presented in this course.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 15 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Provide an discussion of NEMA phase numbering
- Describe sample phase rotations
- Explain the use of recall settings
- Explain rings and barriers
- Discuss the use of overlaps
- Explain dual entry operation and conditional service
- Present left turn treatment options
- Present signal flashing options and alternatives
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...