In Pavement Seal Coating Practices, you'll learn ...
- The effects of aggregate gradation on seal coat design, construction and performance
- Factors to consider when selecting a seal coat aggregate, including availability, cost, the type of road being sealed and traffic volume and movement
- The advantages of using asphalt emulsions in lieu of cutback asphalts
- Application methods and benefits of fog sealing
Credit: 5 PDH
Length: 96 pages
Seal coating is used as a preventive maintenance treatment for existing pavement in many DOT districts. The primary reason to seal coat asphalt is to protect the pavement from the deteriorating effects of sun and water. A secondary benefit of seal coating is an increase in the surface friction it provides.
This course is applicable to engineers working in roadway design, materials engineering and testing, geotechnical engineering, as well as anyone wishing to gain more knowledge in the use of seal coats.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 35 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Benefits of seal coating
- Makeup of asphalt emulsions
- Pavement conditions that benefit from seal coating
- Conditions conducive to long lasting seal coats
- Field inspection of seal coat best practices
- Uses of fog sealing
- Common problems and solutions of seal coating practices
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...