Introduction to Mass Customization Using Adjustable Bolted ConnectionsPDHengineer
Introduction to Mass Customization Using Adjustable Bolted Connections
All available course dates
In Introduction to Mass Customization Using Adjustable Bolted Connections, you'll learn ...
- How to apply the concept of “mass customization” as it relates to the manufacture of complex machinery
- What “mass customization” means at varying production volumes
- How to deliver machines faster and smooth production peaks and troughs
- Sizing of systems
Credit: 1 PDH
Length: 19 pages
This course is aimed at mechanical engineers responsible for the design of large or complex machines who are interested in learning how mechanical connection design influences production modularity. This course will be of particular interest to:
- Designers of specialty material handling systems such as conveyors, paint lines and work-step machines for the automobile, mining, package handling and food production industries,
- Special vehicle producers,
- Designers of large testing equipment with high performance demands, and,
- Manufacturers of capital equipment
The use of proprietary mounting channels and matching t-bolts to join or mount components or sub-assemblies inside these machines, instead of welding or the use of traditional fasteners such as hex-bolts is presented.
This method of mechanical connection allows machine builders to offer a customized end product, from one design, to a wider range of clients who likely have differing requirements. In this course, five examples are given in which manufacturers have used adjustable mounting channel to offer their clients a customized design more efficiently and with lower cost.
While no prior study is required to take this course, a background in machinery design is assumed.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- How mechanical connection design influences production modularity
- How adjustable connections contribute to the “mass customization” of complex machinery at mid-levels of production
- How to evaluate the cost savings available from use of adjustable, lipped channel connections.
- How to reduce reliance on specialty fabrications while improving their ability to customize machinery and equipment,
- How to achieve savings in labor, stock costs, and reject rates
- Gain a better understanding of the life cycle cost implications of mechanical connections
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...