Inspection of Highway and Rail Transit TunnelsPDHengineer
Inspection of Highway and Rail Transit Tunnels
All available course dates
In Inspection of Highway and Rail Transit Tunnels , you'll learn ...
- Tunnel types, shapes, finishes and construction methods
- Tunnel inspector qualifications, tools/equipment, responsibilities, means of access and safety practices
- Inspection frequency and what to look for when inspecting civil/structural, mechanical and electrical elements of a tunnel
- Safety-critical repairs for civil/structural elements
Credit: 6 PDH
Length: 93 pages
Numerous tunnels in the United States are more than 50 years old and are beginning to show signs of considerable deterioration, especially due to water infiltration. This course provides information and procedures for the inspection of both highway and rail transit tunnels.
The main focus of the course is on the civil/structural, mechanical, and electrical components, as well as ventilation and lighting. However, brief guidance is also provided for other systems/appurtenances specific to rail transit tunnels, including tracks, traction power, signals, and communications. This brief guidance is only meant to provide general knowledge and not in-depth inspection criteria for such systems/appurtenances.
The course also covers various tunnel shapes and liner types, the two main invert types, the various construction methods used to construct a tunnel, and the different finishes that typically exist in highway tunnels.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 55 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Circular Highway Tunnel Shape
- Double Box Highway Tunnel Shape
- Horseshoe Highway Tunnel Shape
- Oval/Egg Highway Tunnel Shape
- Circular Rail Transit Tunnel Shape
- Double Box Rail Transit Tunnel Shape
- Single Box Rail Transit Tunnel Shape
- Horseshoe Rail Transit Tunnel Shape
- Oval Rail Transit Tunnel Shape
- Circular Tunnel Invert Type
- Single Box Tunnel Invert Type
- Horseshoe Tunnel Invert Type
- Natural Ventilation
- Longitudinal Ventilation
- Semi-Transverse Ventilation
- Full-Transverse Ventilation
- Tunnel Inspection Layout Plan
- Circular Tunnel Label System Designations
- Rectangular Tunnel Label System Designations
- Horseshoe Tunnel Label System Designations
- Inspection of Civil/Structural Elements
- Inspection of Mechanical Systems
- Inspection of Electrical Systems
- Inspection of Other Systems/Appurtenances
- Inspection of Track Elements
- Inspection of Power Systems (Third Rail/Catenary)
- Inspection of Signal/Communication Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Mechanical TBM
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...