HAZCOM2012: OSHA'S Safety Data SheetPDHengineer
HAZCOM2012: OSHA'S Safety Data Sheet
All available course dates
In HAZCOM2012: OSHA'S Safety Data Sheet, Labeling and Training Requirements, you'll learn ...
- What is HAZCOM2012 and who it applies to
- What are the HAZCOM 2012 compliance requirements and dates
- Required format and content of safety data sheets
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 31 pages
HazCom2012 refers to revised Hazard Communication Standard adopted by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in 2012. This new regulation establishes more detailed and specific requirements for material safety data sheets (now simply called Safety Data Sheets), product labeling, and worker training. Various implementation deadlines range for December 1, 2013 to June 1, 2016. This course explains these changes and provides the salient information you can use to work more safely with hazardous materials.
This course is intended for technical professionals and managers who work with or oversee the handling of hazardous materials regulated by OSHA. This course requires no pre-requisite knowledge.
The course explains the HazCom2012 rule and could therefore serve as the introductory portion of the training requirements of HazCom2012. However, this course obviously cannot provide site-specific training about hazards in any particular workplace, which is explained herein as a required element of the training. Therefore, it cannot be used to meet all of the HazCom2012 training requirements.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 15 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- What is the Globally Harmonized System for Classification of Hazardous Substances (GHS)?
- To what extent is GHS being adopted worldwide, and what does this mean for US Exporters?
- What is HazCom2012?
- Why OSHA adopted GHS with the HazCom2012 regulation?
- Who is regulated by HazCom2012?
- What are OSHA's HazCom2012 compliance requirements and dates?
- What are the new Safety Data Sheet Requirements?
- What are the new labeling requirements?
- What are the employoee training requirements?
- Where to get more information on the regulations?
- Where to find reliable sources of information on chemical hazards?
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...