Fluid Power (Part 2) - Hydraulic Power UnitsPDHengineer
Fluid Power (Part 2) - Hydraulic Power Units
All available course dates
In Fluid Power (Part 2) - Hydraulic Power Units, you'll learn ...
- The various types and classifications of pumps used in hydraulic power units (HPUs)
- Common materials used for hydraulic pipe, fittings, tubing and hoses
- The classification and application of different types of valves used in fluid power systems
- The types and purposes of sealing devices used in fluid power systems, including materials of construction
Credit: 6 PDH
Length: 115 pages
Hydraulic power is used in many engineering systems like machine tools, heavy machinery, chemical processes, automotive equipment, aircraft, missiles, and space vehicles. All fluid power systems involve the use of a power unit comprised of pumps, valves, piping, tubing, and hoses that convey fluid under pressure.
This course provides general information on the types and applications of hydraulic prime movers such as rotary pumps, gear pumps, screw pumps and piston pumps along with the network of valves, piping, and fittings. It also discusses several types of seals and packing used in fluid power systems.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 35 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The various classifications of pumps used in HPUs, including rotary, reciprocating and hand pumps
- A review of pipe, tubing and hose used in hydraulic systems, including materials of construction
- The primary considerations in the selection of lines for a particular fluid power system
- The methods of preparation for installing pipes and tubing
- How to determine the shelf life of hoses using cure date
- The fabrication, testing, and identification of flexible hose assemblies
- Installation of flexible hose
- The various types of fittings and connectors used in hydraulic system piping
- Hydraulic valves, including flow control, pressure control and directional control valves
- The different types of materials used in the construction of seals
- The functions of wipers and backup washers
- The selection, storage, and handling of sealing devices
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training