Engineering Ethics: Crossing the Line (Video on Demand)PDHengineer
Engineering Ethics: Crossing the Line (Video on Demand)
All available course dates
In Engineering Ethics: Crossing the Line, you'll learn ...
- What is the Ethics Continuum and where do most engineers reside on the continuum
- Details of various engineering disasters where engineers “crossed the line” from ethical to unethical behavior
- The difference between human values and ethical values
Preview a portion of the video before you purchase it.
Credit: 1 PDH
In this course, you'll learn about the Ethics continuum and the disastrous results that can occur when engineers cross the line between ethical and unethical behavior. Several engineering disasters will be briefly discussed to illustrate the potential consequences of unethical behavior. Particular emphasis is placed on the Challenger disaster, where one of the engineers changed his position from “scrub the mission” to “launch” because of pressure from management.
You’ll also learn what makes up the culture of an organization, as well as the differences between human values and ethical values. Finally, you’ll be introduced to the speaker’s own ethical model: The Grubbs’ Ethical Model.
This is a video recording of a live seminar held April 21, 2017 as a part of the 2017 Tulane Engineering Forum, and is offered exclusively by PDHengineer by special arrangement with the engineering alumni of Tulane University and the Tulane School of Science and Engineering. This valuable information is presented by Jack Grubbs, PhD, PE, motivational and leadership speaker, and author of GrubbsStuff.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- What makes up the culture of an organization
- The middle ground between cheap, unethical designs and expensive, highly ethical designs
- Details of the Hartford Civic Center roof collapse and the Kansas City Hyatt walkway collapse
- What is the Ethics Continuum
- Details surrounding the cause of the Challenger disaster
- Circumstances that lead to one of the engineers working on the Challenger team to abandon his initial position and support the doomed launch
- NSPE Fundamental Canons
- Components of the Grubbs’ Ethics Model/li>
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training