Wages and Benefits
Every business must ensure that employees’ wages and benefits are handled in accordance with the law. There are numerous pieces of legislation in place to make sure workers are treated fairly and duly compensated for their efforts. This course will introduce you to legislation and best practice surrounding key issues relating to wages and benefits including the National Minimum Wage, pensions, benefits and childcare allowances.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Course delivery details
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under UK law
- If you work in HR or in a payroll department, this course will provide you with a useful insight into the law surrounding wages and benefits
- If you are an employee, this course will help you understand your rights with regards to pay and other benefits
- If you are interested in employment law, you will benefit from this overview of key legislation and best practice
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
What You Will Learn:
- What the National Minimum Wage is, who is eligible to receive it, how the PAYE system works and what should be included on an employee’s payslip
- The benefits and bonuses employees may receive alongside their wages and how these should be taxed
- What Statutory Leave Entitlement is, how it is accrued and how it is calculated
- How tips at work should be calculated, how they should be divided up among employees and how they are taxed
- The different types of pension schemes that may be offered in the workplace and employers’ obligations under the Pensions Act 2008
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...