Unconscious bias is a problem across all industries, and its effects are also felt in higher education institutions. In summary, it refers to a tendency to favour or discriminate against a group of people, such as women, LGBT individuals or those with a different skin colour. Given the significant consequences of unconscious bias, it is important to know how it manifests and how to overcome it. In this course, you will learn about the psychological processes underpinning unconscious bias and how we can make a conscious decision to think differently about others.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- What is Unconscious Bias and Where Does It Come From?
- The Consequences of Unconscious Bias
- Measuring Unconscious Bias
- Overcoming Unconscious Bias
Course delivery details
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- It will help you identify and tackle your own unconscious bias
- If you are responsible for equality and diversity training in your place of work, this course will guide you in tackling an important issue in this area
- If you have a general interest in psychology, this course will give you an overview of a key concept within the field of social psychology
- If you work with people from a range of groups, this course will help you spot unfair treatment and bias in the workplace
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
What You Will Learn:
- What unconscious bias is, and why we tend to be biased against or in favour of specific groups
- Why unconscious bias leads to unfair treatment and discrimination in the workplace
- The test we can use to measure unconscious bias and the limitations of this test
- How to challenge unconscious bias and judge individuals on their merits, as opposed to unrelated personal characteristics
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...