Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
If you are passionate about the English language and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others, teaching may be the perfect career choice for you. In particular, you may excel at teaching English as a second language to children and adults. While you do not need a specialised degree in English to pursue jobs in this field, it is a good idea to have some formal training. This course gives you an overview of teaching English as a second language, focusing on TESOL training to keep your career options open. Our course begins by talking about the various acronyms you may encounter when looking into your options for teaching English as a second language. We conclude by giving you practical tips and strategies you can use to make your lessons more engaging for students of all ages.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
Course delivery details
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn about the difference between TESOL, TEFL and CELTA training
- Understand what kind of supportive materials you should incorporate into your lessons
- Learn more about what is involved in teaching English to foreign-language speakers, which can help guide career decisions for students uncertain about post-secondary training
- If you are a teacher, learn more about the strategies others recommend using when educating ESL students
- If you have an ESL student in your life, learn more about how they are learning English so you can help support them at home
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
You Will Learn:
- The importance of using authentic materials in your lessons and how to select the most relevant ones
- More about the three main methods used to teach English to non-native speakers
- What a learner-based approach to lesson planning is and why it is important
- The importance of context when introducing new words or concepts to students
- How to successfully introduce vocabulary words to students of all ages
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...