Tackling Hate Crime
Hate crimes and hate incidents are on the rise across the globe. The UK alone has seen almost a 30% increase in the number of hate crimes in one 12 month period. This leaves many people across society wondering what can be done to tackle these types of crimes. There is also some confusion about what a hate crime is and which affected communities are covered under existing legislation. Without accurate information, it can be hard to fight this type of attitude in society. This course provides you with comprehensive information about hate crimes, including their prevalence in today’s society. It begins by introducing you to the topic of hate crimes in a general overview, identifying relevant legislation and statistics. It then moves on to cover hate crimes and hate incidents in more detail, as well as letting you know which affected communities are covered by legislation. The role of the bystander as well as the importance of victim support are also discussed. Finally, it gives you a few tips on how to prevent hate crime in your neighbourhood.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- What is Hate Crime?
- Forms of Hate Incidents
- Role of the Bystander
- Supporting Victims
- Preventing Hate Crime
Course delivery details
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Understanding what hate crimes are and how often they occur
- Learning about the forms of hate incidents as well as the groups affected by these types of crimes
- Gaining insight into the value of the witness in these interactions
- Learning how to help victims and when to get the authorities involved
- Knowing how to prevent hate crime in your neighborhood
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
You Will Learn
- A brief overview of hate crimes, including the relevant legislation
- The difference between a hate incident and a hate crime
- Information about the affected communities covered by existing legislation
- The role of the bystander when witnessing hate crimes
- How to best support victims of these types of offences
- Tips on how to prevent hate crimes from happening in your community
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...