Minute taking is a key administrative role which significantly increases the effectiveness of meetings. Without quality minutes, organisations can fail to harness drive and motivation and teams can lose focus. Minutes act like a compass to guide the team by recording past decisions and tracking current discussions and actions. Without the specific skills needed to record information and output it in appropriate and effective ways, staff can become fearful of the process and refrain from taking the opportunity to practise critical skills. This course supports individuals to understand the role and learn the skills needed to effectively take minutes and support meetings, teams, groups, conferences and committees to enhance collaboration and efficiency. Minute taking is not just about writing notes. To be a good minute taker requires an in-depth understanding of how to prepare for the meeting, the responsibilities during the meeting and processes to follow once the meeting is over. There are also key skills in listening and communication which can rapidly enhance effectiveness and enjoyment of the role. Taking this course will prepare individuals to capture and output the correct level of detail and quality to meet internal and external compliance requirements. This course has been developed with experimental activities, detailed guidance and the opportunity to learn and practise the key skills and qualities mandatory for effective minute taking. The exercises, quizzes and worksheets assess progress as you go through the course, gradually building learning to a level of confident proficiency and expertise.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Module 1: Minute Taking Basics
- Module 2: Standards for Minute Taking
- Module 3: Pre-Meeting Preparation
- Module 4: During And After The Meeting
- Module 5: Personal Development
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
What you will learn
Lessons you will learn in this course include:
- Understanding the basics of minute writing
- The qualities of a minute taker
- The benefits of taking minutes
- Recording of minutes
- Minutes layout
- Minutes standards
- Technology in minute taking
- Common dos and don’ts when writing minutes
The benefits of taking this course include:
- Understanding meeting minutes templates and when to use them
- Know how to write different kinds of minutes suited to the occasion
- Developing your listening skills to extract important information
- Comprehend the style and tone of language and legal requirements
- Learn how to effectively edit and proofread minutes to ensure accuracy
Taking this course will help individuals conquer fears and enhance skills. Organisational effectiveness can be dramatically improved by getting this key ability established in individuals and within teams. Anybody can learn how to take accurate minutes and quickly see the benefit this brings to the entire organisation.
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...