Introduction to Psychology
Don’t have time to sit in a class? Working full time, but still want to advance your education? Look no further – this course can be done anywhere, at any time! This Intro to Psychology course offers up-to-date information about the world of psychology, with an easy-to-follow design. Touching on various branches, including social, cognitive, educational, biological and developmental psychology, as well as the many career options makes this the perfect choice for the student on the go! Each module within the course covers a different aspect of psychology, including the unique and colourful history and its philosophical origins, failed research studies and their impact on psychological ethics and how the wider discipline has changed over time. Learn about the key figures and history of psychology, while gaining an in-depth understanding of the many processes and theories that are used to develop the field of psychology. Aside from the theoretical components of the course, which will help you to develop your foundational understanding of psychology, you will also be given opportunities to put them into practice. Through several activities, which are included in each module, you are given an opportunity to think about the concepts you are learning and apply them on a practical level. You will also be tested throughout the material, which will help you to check your knowledge and develop your understanding.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Course delivery details
Benefits of the course
- Learn about a dynamic field
- Activities and quizzes throughout each module to check your knowledge
- Easy to follow course material
- Learn about a variety of psychologies and their real-world applications
- You will gain the foundation required to begin a career in psychology
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
What you will learn
- An overview of psychology, including several branches of this discipline
- The history of psychology and the key figures that have contributed to each branch
- The main theories and processes of psychology
- Some of the triumphs and failures of past psychological studies
- How the brain shapes human behaviour
- The leading research in the field of psychology
- The strengths and weaknesses of each branch covered within this course
- How to conduct psychological research
- The importance of psychology within human development
- How this course work can be applied to a career in psychology
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...
The course helped me to develop effective communication skills.