Introduction to Child Counselling
Welcome to your child counselling course. This course focuses on the important elements of being a child counsellor and what exactly that means. Counselling is a form of therapy and it is beneficial for both children and adults. However, there are differences between counselling adults and counselling children. This course focuses on those differences and the specifics of working with children. This course also focuses on the common approaches to child counselling and what types of strategies child counsellors use to address the challenges in a child’s life. You will learn about the many things that children face at a certain age and how to address these by giving them the tools to handle their emotions and difficult times. Promoting these healthy methods and strategies at a young age can help children have a normal development and grow into adults who are better able to manage difficult times. In this course, you will even learn about what kinds of child behaviours can be addressed using counselling.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Course delivery details
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn useful strategies for counselling children and helping them learn to deal with emotions and challenging situations.
- Understand what exactly child counselling is and why it is different to counselling adults.
- Learn about the differences between counselling different aged children.
- Understand the common challenges and disorders that may present themselves in a child’s life.
- Leave with a comprehensive understanding of different types of counselling and what their benefits are.
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
You Will Learn:
- Who is involved in child counselling and what role all the people in a child’s life have to play.
- What the goals of child counselling are and when it can be used to help a child.
- What some of the common terms are related to child counselling.
- Signs that a child could benefit from counselling and some of the common problems they may face.
- What approaches and strategies are used commonly in child counselling.
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...