Diabetes Awareness Certification
Diabetes affects 4.6 million people in the UK and 415 million people around the world. It is a chronic condition requiring lifelong treatment. Potential complications include loss of vision, nerve damage and cardiovascular disease. Living with diabetes can be challenging and emotionally draining. Fortunately, receiving practical support can make life with diabetes easier and safer. This course contains an overview of the most common types of diabetes, their symptoms and causes, and the role employers can play in helping individuals with diabetes succeed at work.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Course delivery details
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you know or work with someone diagnosed with diabetes, this course will provide you with an insight into their condition.
- If you employ someone with diabetes, this course will help you understand your obligations under the law with regards to their condition and help you make reasonable adjustments to help them carry out their job.
- This course will help you intervene with confidence in the event of a diabetic emergency.
- If you work in the healthcare field, you will benefit from this overview of a relatively common condition.
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
You Will Learn:
- What diabetes is, how it develops, the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes and how it impacts a person's wellbeing.
- The symptoms, causes and risk factors for Type 2 diabetes, along with potential complications.
- How people diagnosed with diabetes can stay well, what check-ups they need and how they can avoid the complications associated with diabetes.
- How diabetes can affect someone in the workplace, why it is a good idea to notify other workers of their condition and how employers can make reasonable adjustments to accommodate their needs.
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...