Blood-Borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Plan Certification
Blood-borne pathogens are microorganisms inside the human body which can cause a number of serious diseases through contamination. Employees who work in nursing, dentistry, laboratories or surgeries have an occupational risk of exposure to blood or other potentially hazardous bodily fluids. A comprehensive Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan will help to protect these employees.
This course provides an in-depth overview of Exposure Control Plans. The course will cover what the plan should entail, the step-by-step procedures surrounding exposure to blood borne pathogens in the workplace and how to introduce the plan to employees in training.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- What are blood-borne pathogens?
- What is an Exposure Control plan and Why do you Need one?
- Preventative Measures
- Post-exposure Procedures
Course delivery details
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will learn about Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control and how to implement a successful plan in the workplace.
- Your staff will be better trained to work in an environment where there is a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens as a result of you taking this course.
- You will gain an insight into the dangers of blood-borne pathogens and why your workplace should have an Exposure Control Plan in place.
- You will learn the preventative measures to put in place to keep staff safe and reduce the risk of contamination.
- You will learn what to do in the event of a member of your team being exposed to potentially hazardous blood-borne pathogens.
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
What you will learn:
- What a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan is and what it involves.
- How an effective Exposure Control Plan can save lives, prevent injuries and protect the health of employees.
- How to introduce a Control Plan to employees in training.
- What steps to take to reduce the risk of exposure to employees.
- What to do in the immediate aftermath of an exposure incident.
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...