Financial Accounting for Lenders
Explore fundamental accounting concepts, study the composition of a complete set of business financial statements, and identify potential accounting risks, all from the lender's perspective.
First, participants explore the objectives and characteristics of quality financial reporting, and examine the revenue and expense recognition methods that form the basis of accrual accounting. Next, participants study each of the parts of a complete set of financial statements, with an emphasis on the balance sheet and income statement accounts likely to have the greatest impact on a loan request analysis. Finally, they examine how a business's asset conversion cycle is represented in its financial statements and learn how to use the information in the statement of cash flows and cash-tracing techniques to identify cash sources and uses as a basis for cash flow analysis.
After participants successfully complete the eLearning course they're eligible to attend the Financial Accounting for Lenders: Skills Application Lab to practice and reinforce skills learned during eLearning.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of a complete set of financial statements and the links between them
- Leverage an understanding of accounting rules to identify accounting risk in financial statmenet
- Evaluate the appropriateness of accounting rules applied in financial statements
- Convert accrual basis financial statement data into information that can be used to determine debt service capacity
- Apply complex accounting concepts to the analysis of financial risk
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to understand how to evaluate business financial statements, including commercial lenders, business lenders, credit analysts, and underwriters.
- Financial Accounting Framework
- Accrual Accounting Basics
- The Balance Sheet: Assets
- The Balance Sheet: Liabilities and Equity
- The Income Statement
- Connecting Statements and Levels of Assurance
- Understanding Business Cash Flow
- Complex Accounting for Corporations (Optional)
Since 1976, Omega Performance has been the training partner of choice for financial service organizations worldwide, from community-based credit unions to international banks. Our clients choose our solutions because they are flexible, scalable, and—most importantly—effective. Whether you’re seeking training for...