Learn to use the Decision Strategy™ to evaluate consumer loan requests and to propose appropriate loans and collateral that both meet customer needs and manage risks.
The course teaches participants through case studies and practice opportunities. First, particpants learn to evaluate whether the loan request is within policy and reasonable, and begins the exploration of the applicant's needs. Then participants learn to evaluate income sources, use credit reports and scores, and calculate debt service capacity. Participants also learn to verify eligible income from sources other than salary and about home equity lending. Next participants learn to synthesize their analyses and recommend a sound credit solution, including loan structure and security. Finally, participants learn about key loan documents and are provided with checklists to help ensure that their documentation is complete and correct.
After participants successfully complete the eLearning course they're eligible to attend the Consumer Lending: Skills Application Lab to practice and reinforce skills learned during eLearning.
Upon completion, participants wtll be able to:
- Assess a consumer credit request, perform a preliminary analysis, and gather the documents needed for analysis
- Evaluate a borrower's credit history, repayment sources, collateral, and financial capacity to handle additional debt
- Select the best type of consumer credit for the request
- Assess risks to repaymnet, make a sound credit decision, and structure and document the loan
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for making consumer credit decisions, including consumer lenders, personal bankers, consumer credit underwriters, and branch managers.
- Assessing the Credit Opportunity
- Repayment Source Analysis
- Verifying Income with Tax Returns
- Home Equity Lending
- Making the Credit Decision
- Documenting and Managing the Loan
Optional: Consumer Lending Regulations
Since 1976, Omega Performance has been the training partner of choice for financial service organizations worldwide, from community-based credit unions to international banks. Our clients choose our solutions because they are flexible, scalable, and—most importantly—effective. Whether you’re seeking training for...