Business Lending Fundamentals
Gain the foundational knowledge needed to understand how a small business operates, assess its management-- and management's strategies-- and evaluate its financial information, in order to submit a quality loan request.
Participants take a five-module eLearning course that emphasizes the asset conversion cycle as a framework for discovering and discussing borrowing needs.
Participants are also introduced to the basic tenants of business management, so they can ask astute questions, come up with a quality solution, and be seen as consultative financial partners. They also learn to identify the key components of basic financial statements, calculate basic ratios, and recognize a business's major sources and uses of cash.
Finally, they learn how to synthesize their findings to tell a complete story to underwriters, and communicate the financial institutions decision to a client.
After participants successfully complete the eLearning course they're eligible to attend the Business Lending Fundamentals: Skills Application Lab to practice and reinforce skills learned during eLearning.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Conduct meaningful conversations with business owners about operations and borrowing needs
- Assess the industry position, business growth stage, management, and business model
- Evaluate the business loan requests to determine whether they represent bankable opportunities
- Understand the various components of a borrower's financial statements and tax returns
- Improve communication with business owners and managers, as well as with internal management
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to understand businesses and their borrowing needs, including branch managers, assistant branch managers, small business relationship managers, and business bankers
- Learning about the business
- Understanding Business Needs
- Assessing the business and management
- Fundamentals of financial information
- Understanding Needs and Communicating Credit Solutions
Since 1976, Omega Performance has been the training partner of choice for financial service organizations worldwide, from community-based credit unions to international banks. Our clients choose our solutions because they are flexible, scalable, and—most importantly—effective. Whether you’re seeking training for...