Building Small Business Acumen
Learn how to "speak the language of small business owners" in order to have more meaningful conversations that demonstrate understanding of a business's operations, goals, and challenges.
The course begins with a one-module eLearning course that teaches participants to "think like a small business owner". It explores four topics that are key to understanding how a small business operates and how your financial institution might be able to meet its borrowing and cash management needs.
The topics include:
- The operating cycle and capital investment cycle
- Common forms of business organization, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, and limited liability companies
- Business growth stages, including the options for-- and risks involved in-- lending to businesses at each particular stage
- The key components of financial statements, busienss tax returns, and Schedule C of personal tax returns
After participants successfully complete the eLearning course they're eligible to attend the Building Small Business Acumen: Skills Application Lab to practice and reinforce skills learned during eLearning.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Recognize a small business owner's needs and ask meaningful, productive questions about the business
- Identify cross-selling opportunities presented by the business owner's every day challenges
- Understand the fundamental information to be gained from financial statements and income tax returns
- Effectively position your products to address the unique needs of small businesses
- Communicate the benefits of your financial solutions using small business terminology
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone who interacts with small business owners, including business baners, branch managers, and relationship managers.
- The Small Business Owner's Perspective
- Understanding the Asset Conversion Cycle
- Forms of Business Organiztion
- Business Growth Stages
- The Components of Financial Statements and Tax Returns.
Since 1976, Omega Performance has been the training partner of choice for financial service organizations worldwide, from community-based credit unions to international banks. Our clients choose our solutions because they are flexible, scalable, and—most importantly—effective. Whether you’re seeking training for...