Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Bank Analysis - How Safe is Your Counterparty? - A Moody's Analytics course
This Bank Analysis course discusses the unique challenges involved in assessing exposure to bank counterparty risk. Delivered over two days, the course includes relevant frameworks, techniques and best practices used today.
The course uses a combination of group discussions, presentations, exercises and case studies to provide a clear understanding of a structured and analytical approach to determining exposure. Learning outcomes include:
- Use a structured framework in the analysis of banking institutions
- Identify and interpret key financial rations
- Use published financial information to evaluate a bank
- Appreciate the objectives of bank regulation & the calculation of capital adequacy
- Analyse different elements of regulatory capital, including hybrid securities.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Investment and commercial bankers
- Credit and equity analysts
- Regulators and central bankers
- Fixed income professionals
- Bond researchers (both buy and sell sides)
- Corporate treasurers
- Correspondent banking officers
- Relationship managers involved in exposures to, or for investments in, banks
Session 1: Moody's Investors Service rating process and Bank Financial Strength Rating
- Global methodology
- Basic accounting for banks
- Balance sheet Income statement
- Notes to the accounts
- Off-Balance Sheet Items
Session 2: The Operating and Regulatory Environment
- Sovereign environment; economic stability, integrity and corruption and legal system
- Regulation, supervision and support
- Exercise: Evaluate the impact of the operating and regulatory environment on the profitability and asset quality of banks
Session 3: Risk Positioning and Franchise Value
- Corporate governance, controls and risk management
- Financial reporting transparency
- Credit Risk Concentration
- Liquidity management Market risk appetite
- Market share and sustainability
- Geographical diversification
- Earnings stability
- Earnings diversification
- Exercise: Assessing the of bank risk positioning and franchise value
Session 4: Quantitative Factors
- Capital Adequacy
- Earnings Asset Quality Exercise: Calculation and interpretation of key quantitative ratios
- Exercise: Concluding determination of bank financial strength rating
The cost of this course is 2795 USD.
On site training
The course can also be tailored and delivered on site for teams and companies.
Moody's Analytics - Providing courses and key insights for global financial markets
Moody's Analytics, a part of Moody's Corporation, serves capital markets and credit risk management practitioners develop the skills and expertise needed for a competitive financial environment. With extensive expertise and access to market trends, Moody's Analytics incorporates unique insights, techniques and...