Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to IT Governance
This course is designed for information technology and audit professionals to understand how to realize the potential and value from investments in information technology.
When done well IT governance ensures that information technology delivers value to the organization. That value is measured in terms of aligning the business to establish IT is working on things important to the business, realizing tangible benefits from the IT function, projects and services, and minimizing risks that may result from IT implementations or activities.
Governance is not singular in its nature. It consists of leadership, organizational structures and decision-making processes that facilitate accountability of IT activities as well as sustain and extend the organization’s strategies and priorities. While governance is a somewhat abstract concept, its application or lack thereof has a very real impact on organizations. Some symptoms of ineffective IT governance can include a perception that IT costs are too high, IT service levels are not consistently being met, innovation and business agility are limited by IT and that there is overlap in system resources.
At the conclusion of this seminar attendees will have an in-depth understanding of how to establish and implement an Enterprise IT Governance Program.
Who should attend?
Information technology and security professionals, IT auditors, IT management, audit management
1. Introduction and Role of Enterprise IT Governance
• governance definitions
• indicators of the need for improved IT governance
2. Goals of Enterprise IT Governance
• strategic alignment
• benefits optimization
• risk minimization
3. Elements of Enterprise IT Governance
• decision making processes, frameworks and authorities
• IT policies, principles and standards
4. Developing an IT Governance Strategy
• legal and regulatory aspects of IT governance
• supplier governance
• information security governance
• data governance
• technology architecture governance
5. IT Governance Assessments
• IT capability
• organizational readiness for change
6. IT Governance Structures and Relationships
• IT Steering, Project and Advisory Committees
• RACI charts
7. IT Investment Management
• IT decision making and prioritization
• IT portfolio management
8. Governance Metrics
• balanced scorecard
• COBIT metrics
• ITIL metrics
• SMART metrics
9. Audit Considerations for Enterprise IT Governance
The cost of this course is $1795 per participant. Request information to learn more!
With offices in London and Boston, MISTI is the global leader in IT audit, audit and information security training. Founded in 1978, MISTI has gained experience through training more than 200,000 delegates across five continents. MISTI has made it their...
Find out more about this Introduction to IT Governance course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team