Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Communication and Change Implementation Skills for AuditorsMIS Training Institute (MISTI)
Communication and Change Implementation Skills for Auditors
The 3-day Communication and Change Implementation Skills for Auditors seminar is designed to teach participants effective influencing tactics and targeted communication strategies for interacting with different work styles. By learning and applying proven change implementation skills, participants will have the opportunity raise their professional profile while increasing Audit's value to the organization. Upon completion of this seminar, participants will gain the tools to better their interpersonal skills and their ability to influence others to advance their value as an Internal Auditor.
This course will also cover the following topics:
- Tools and techniques to enhance communication and change implementation skills
- Work better across distance and cultures with global audit teams
- Steps to build good client relationships
- Control disagreements
- Understand cultural differences
- Deliver bad news
- Partner with clients to help them successfully implement audit findings
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for Audit Managers and Supervisors, Internal and External Auditors, staff who have responsibility for presenting audit findings, and those who want to improve their influencing and communication skills.
This course will cover the following topics:
1. How Your Work Style Impacts Communications and Engagements
- Assessing your style to understand how your priorities and motivators impact the way you interact with others
- Four styles of behavior
- How your style impacts the way you communicate, solve problems, make decisions, and address conflict
- Discovering your strengths and what happens when they are overused
- How to recognize other peoples’ styles and understand their needs around communication, level of detail, decision making, and how task or relationship focused they are in their interactions
- Increasing your awareness of how others interpret your behavior and the potential unintended consequence
- Apply your understanding of styles to real client situations
2. Communicating/Working in a Multicultural and/or Virtual Work Setting
- How other cultures approach time, information planning, decision making, relationships, power and change
- Solving problems and addressing conflict situations using multi-cultural strategies and styles
- Global competencies
- Applying culture-specific information for your clients to build optimal relationships
- Virtual team success factors
- Assessing your virtual team for success
- Managing in a virtual team environment
- Communicating virtually: which medium for which purpose and when to use: e-mail, collaborative tools, telephone, face-to-face meetings
- Team processes, standards and agreements: work planning, availability, roles, facilitating virtual meetings and leveraging technology
3. Building Your Change Implementation Skills to Help Gain Acceptance of Your Findings
- The successful change equation: what it is and how it works
- Recognizing and working with resistance to achieve buy-in
- Identifying and addressing organizational and business impacts if the findings are implemented
- Partnering with your client to implement audit’s findings; using change implementation consulting skills to help your clients build a roadmap for implementing requested changes
4. Building Your Change Implementation Engagement and Communication Skills
- Tailoring your communication style and message for maximum effectiveness
- Analyzing your audience’s/stakeholders’ position
- Engaging your audience/stakeholders
- Using the COSO Internal Framework as a common presentation language
5. Influencing and Listening Styles
- Determining your influencing style
- Other styles and why they matter
- Identifying and assessing influence opportunities
- Understanding the importance of active listening to influence effectively
6. Diffusing Difficult Situations: How to Take Corrective Measures When Things Go Wrong
- Assessing and working with different conflict styles
- Good ways to deliver bad news
- Guiding principles for constructively managing disagreement
- Dealing with disagreement before it gets out of control
Degree and diploma etc.
Completion of this course is worth 24 CPE Credits
The cost of this course is $2195 per participant. Request information to learn more!
With offices in London and Boston, MISTI is the global leader in IT audit, audit and information security training. Founded in 1978, MISTI has gained experience through training more than 200,000 delegates across five continents. MISTI has made it their...
Find out more about this Communication and Change Implementation Skills for Auditors course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team