Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Applying PM Strategy to Internal Audit - 4-Hour Webinar
As internal auditors, we constantly strive provide our clients with relevant advice and assurance. Because of this, the internal auditor is almost always on a search for tools to help improve their process and deliverables. One thing that can truly help with this is by applying the principles of project management (PM). In the Fifth Edition of the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 47 process, organized into ten knowledge areas and five process groups, are covered.
This MISTI webinar was created to distill these concepts into four key tactical areas for internal auditors to focus on:
- Emphasize planning
- Record real time
- Pay attention (frequently)
- Apply lessons learned
Who should attend?
This course is intended for internal auditors ranging from staff to chief audit executive level
- Committing to enough time for planning
- Explanation of three parts of planning
- Discussion of estimating methods and pitfalls
Record Real Time:
- Recognizing that work is not equal to duration
- Deciding on time increments that create benefit and not burden
- Creating an environment for truth-telling
- Pausing often enough to gauge progress
- Collecting information on obstacles, barriers, and opportunities
- Communicating progress information to stakeholders
Apply Lessons Learned:
- Initiating course correction(s) as indicated
- Identifying themes to be shared with colleagues
- Incorporating ideas into future audit plans of similar areas
The cost of this course is $295 per participant. Request information to learn more!
Provider: MIS Training Institute
With offices in London and Boston, MIS Training Institute is the global leader in IT audit, audit and information security training. Founded in 1978, MISTI has gained experience through training more than 200,000 delegates across five continents. MISTI has made...