Conflict Resolution and Healthy Communication
Conflict is a dynamic aspect of innovation, change, growth and human relationships. So why are so many of us so bad at conflict resolution and honest, healthy communication?
This workshop starts at the beginning of conflict…the individual…and the true source of conflict. Then we move into solution and resolution. The strategy you will learn and practice empowers you to handle conflict as it arises, and to initiate it when required. One of the most common team dis-ablers is when bad behavior is allowed to continue. The inability to handle conflict and difficult situations is also a key dynamic in fractured relationships, both at home and at work.
One of the greatest determinants of effective leadership is the individual’s ability to stay centered in the midst of conflict and to resolve it without taking things personally. In this workshop you learn to address difficult people and situations, increase your personal power and enhance your influence in your organization.
This workshop is available as a mini session, full-day session, or multi-day event, and can be customized to suit your needs. Please contact the provider for more information.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This workshop is valuable and relevant for employees at all levels and especially for mid-level leaders who tend to address conflict from above their position and below. It is also an excellent workshop for teams to engage in together so that the communication/conflict resolution strategy becomes a shared language within the organization.
- Learn the true source and key principles of conflict.
- Learn to give and receive critical feedback effectively from your LeaderSelf rather than your StressSelf.
- Learn a tried and true strategy for dealing with conflict and difficult people.
- Improve relationships through authentic and intentional communication.
- Practice and take away a strategy for communicating through conflict that focuses on creating win-win outcomes.
- Reduce drama and time spent in grievances and mediation.
- Foster an environment in which people speak honestly and respectfully through disagreements without taking things personally.
- Address destructive behaviors before they become systemic; protect the well-being of all.
- Improve workforce morale and productivity as a result of trusting relationships, open communication and clarity of organizational mission and purpose.
Skills that Matter
- Understand the true source of conflict so you can address it appropriately
- Apply a system for dealing with conflict as it arises and also by addressing the situation before it becomes a conflict
- Remain grounded and professional in the midst of conflict
- Serve as a guide to others for how conflict is managed well
Average rating 5
I have an extremely important project and my team has been dysfunctional in communication so I put your COIN process to work and we made a lot of porgress in our communication. ...
I attended your Conflict Resolution workshop yesterday through our HR department. We are required to have a specific amount of leadership continuing education hours. I talked a ...
Contact this provider
MindSpring Consulting, Inc.
As learning and teaching experts, MindSpring has served clients around the world since 1999. Our mission is to provide individuals and the organizations they serve with exceptional quality training and development that leads to sustainable change. Our goal is to...