You’ve heard the saying, "You cannot pour from an empty cup." As an educator, your cup may be empty, or close to it. After pouring yourself into your job and your students, there is often little left in that cup for you, your family, and for others. It may have led you to question your career choice and possibly even your true passion and purpose in life. Filling your cup can be challenging, but it can be done. This series will give you the tools to fill your cup and restore your hope in being an educator. It will share real, proven techniques and exercises that are customizable for YOU.
Upon completion of this on-demand course, participants will be able to identify strategies for:
- Spending time and energy efficiently, productively, and peacefully.
- Managing stress and preventing burnout.
- Supporting students' emotional wellness, including having conversations about mental health.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Module 1: Letting Go of Worry and Getting Control of Your Time
- Remembering your why
- Determining how to focus on what you can control
- Identifying time management strategies to help you work through your to-do list and find time for self-care
Module 2: Taking Care of Yourself
- The 8 Dimensions of wellness
- Identifying your breaking point and ways to "cope ahead"
- Identifying self-care strategies
Module 3: Supporting Your Students' Emotional Wellness
- The educator's role in supporting students' emotional wellness
- Identifying strategies to cultivate a sense of belonging and promote emotional wellness in your classroom and school
- How to know when a student is struggling
- Identifying signs and symptoms that a student might need immediate help
- Strategies for discussing mental health with students
- Considerations for communicating with parents or guardians about their child's mental health
- Considerations for coping if you feel you've failed a student
Course fee is $74.99
0.3 IACET CEU
Contact this provider
"Emotional wellness is the foundation of emotional intelligence, psychological safety and a core component of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion." - Mike Veny
The mission of Mike Veny, Inc. is to support you in discovering the gift of emotional wellness through unique learning experiences designed to empower your personal and professional growth. When you are emotionally well, you will be more productive. We...