Over the last few decades, many companies have used business process improvement techniques like Lean, Six Sigma, and Reengineering to improve quality, lower costs, and win awards. Unfortunately, many of these companies also lost customers, market share and profits at the same time.
What went wrong? Peter Keen calls it the “Process Paradox.” Process improvements will not translate into better business results if they do not generate strategic value. That is why the Association for Business Process Management Professionals (ABPMP) made “Alignment to Strategy and Goals” the first step in its new Business Process Management (BPM) Life Cycle.
In truth, there is a two-way relationship between strategic planning and BPM. Your processes must, naturally, execute the selected strategy of your organization. With that in mind, business processes can also shape strategy by creating new capabilities and customer value. Successful organizations excel at both elements of the strategy-process relationship.
During this program, you will learn structured and proven methods for evaluating the impact of process performance on strategic objectives and creating operational plans that will yield process excellence and a sustainable competitive edge.
We truly believe Aligning BPM to Strategy and Goals will provide knowledge, skills and insights you can use to dramatically improve your organization’s short-term performance and long-term competitive position.
Breakthrough performance is within reach of your organization. By aligning strategic planning and process management, you will enable your organization to:
- Eliminate the strategy-process divide at your organization
- Use process improvement techniques to reveal new strategic opportunities
- Use the strategy map to focus day-to-day performance on strategic (as well as operational) objectives
- Convert strategic objectives into actionable operational plans
- Measure what matters: evaluate process performance relative to strategic goals
- Capture the full, long-term benefits of Lean, Six Sigma, IT investments, and process reengineering.
Who should attend?
You will benefit most from this program if you are a:
- Leader or key member of a Strategic Planning Team
- Process Owner or Manager
- Leader who needs to connect day-to-day operations with strategy
- President, Vice President, COO, or senior executive
- Director of Process Improvement or Reengineering
- Manager who is actively involved in your organization’s process management and/or strategic planning efforts
- The skills delivered in this program can be applied in manufacturing, service, utility, healthcare and public sector organizations.
Course delivery details
This interactive program will be delivered live via an online learning platform.
- December 6, 2021 (Optional Pre-Session) | 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. ET
- December 7, 2021 | 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET
- December 9, 2021 | 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET
$695 (USD) – includes course materials
Contact this provider
Michigan State University | Togheter we will.
Michigan State University is the nation’s pioneer land-grant university and one of the top research universities in the world. Every day, Spartans work to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic...