Overview of North American Energy Pipelines is an online training course that provides an overview of the pipeline systems for transportation of hydrocarbon liquids and gases within the United States of America and Canada. You will learn about both physical and commercial arrangements for the operation of oil and gas pipelines from wellhead to end-user. We will focus mainly on the long-haul (interstate), bulk transportation of crude oil, petroleum products and natural gas. You will gain an overview of how pipelines work, how the industry is regulated and how users of pipelines (shippers) interact with pipeline operating companies. We will discuss the North American energy landscape, how this has changed in recent years and the implications for pipeline transportation of oil and gas.
Who should attend?
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about energy pipelines.
You will learn to:
- List the types of materials carried by energy pipelines, and describe their important physical characteristics
- Identify the types of pipeline that make up the North American pipeline network
- Recognize the basic geography of energy production, consumption and transportation in the USA and Canada
- Point out how energy pipelines are constructed and their physical operation
- Distinguish between liquids and gas pipelines in how they differ from each other in their operations
- Recognize how oil pipelines handle the transportation of multiple different qualities of material
- Select some of North America’s major pipeline routes, key pipelines and operating companies
- Identify how the pipeline networks have been adapted to cope with the transportation requirements of unconventional oil and gas production
- Point out the challenges facing the US and Canadian pipeline industry
Certification / Credits
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
Why choose Mennta Energy Solutions ?
Trusted by 100,000+ energy professionals
Public courses held worldwide
8 respected certificates for energy professionals
About Mennta Energy Solutions
Mennta Energy Solutions
Mennta Energy Solutions, formerly The Oxford Princeton program, addresses the knowledge gaps of energy professionals throughout the world with innovative and proven training techniques – instructor-led and online. The effectiveness of the training can be measured by the over 100,000...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team