Options Strategies is an online training course about how options contracts can be used to achieve objectives in both hedging and for-profit trading. After introducing some useful terminology, the course explores the features that make options valuable for hedging and trading. We discuss the disadvantages of simple options strategies, and how these can be overcome by using combinations of bought and sold options contracts to create options spread strategies. You will learn about collars, three-way collars and other common options spread strategies for hedging. We will explore the use of spreads in directional trading, and you will see how spreads like butterflies and condors can be used in volatility trading. You will also learn about costless hedging structures that provide partial participation in favorable price moves.
Who should attend?
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about options strategies.
You will learn to:
- Distinguish between the meaning of the terms directional, non-directional, bullish and bearish as they apply to options spreads
- Recognize the meaning and the implications of the terms debit and credit in options spreads
- Read a payoff diagram for an options spread and recognize its implications for either hedging or trading
- Identify how costless or zero-cost hedging strategies can be constructed
- Point out the balance of protection and participation afforded by an options hedging strategy
- Select the main reasons why hedgers may wish to use options spreads rather than simple long options positions
- Select the main reasons why traders may wish to use options spreads rather than simple long or short options positions
- Point out the difference between directional and volatility plays in options trading
- Recognize a simple collar, a three-way collar and other common options hedging strategies
- Recognize a straddle, a strangle and other common volatility trading spreads
- Recognize simple directional trading spreads such as a call spread
- Identify the concept of partial participation in hedging strategies
Certification / Credits
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
Why choose Mennta Energy Solutions ?
Trusted by 100,000+ energy professionals
Public courses held worldwide
8 respected certificates for energy professionals
About Mennta Energy Solutions
Mennta Energy Solutions
Mennta Energy Solutions, formerly The Oxford Princeton program, addresses the knowledge gaps of energy professionals throughout the world with innovative and proven training techniques – instructor-led and online. The effectiveness of the training can be measured by the over 100,000...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team