Self-Paced Medical Coding CertificationMedical Management Institute
Self-Paced Medical Coding Certification
All available course dates
Self-Paced Medical Coding Certification
This self-paced medical coding course is ideal for those who work best at their own pace. Though the modules are self-guided, there are instructors standing by to answers questions via phone or email in case you need help or clarification.
The nationally-recognized RMC medical coding certification training program is designed to prepare students to test for the Registered Medical Coder (RMC) certification exam through the Medical Management Institute (MMI). This program is specifically geared toward medical coding for outpatient/physician offices. The training is administered online and begins with the basics identifying the purpose of the CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS II code systems. Once those topics are established, it moves into federal healthcare regulations, audits, compliance, and how it all fits within the revenue cycle. This training specifically covers:
- Coding conventions when assigning ICD-10-CM (diagnoses), CPT®, and HCPCS II (procedure) codes
- Each section of the CPT® manual with an emphasis on terminology, modifier usage, coding guidelines, and coding practice
- Evaluation & Management (E&M) with a detailed focus on levels of service
- Additional guidance, updates, and learning tools on how to apply the ICD-10-CM coding guidelines (officially implemented October 2015)
- HCPCS Level II with an emphasis on temporary national codes, supplies and DME, and modifiers, as well as services that are routine, non-covered, or not medically necessary.
- An overview of the Medicare Program with additional training on special CMS coding rules, billing rules, modifiers, and the National Correct Coding Initiative
Who should attend?
The RMC is specifically geared toward people who are currently in the medical field and want to advance their career in healthcare. Many people who are already in a coding position and want to prove their knowledge by having a certification also take this course. It is important that you have a background and knowledge in anatomy and medical terminology before pursuing a medical coding certification. Getting an RMC certification will give you opportunities to move up in your career and make you more marketable to current and potential employers.
The Self-Paced RMC Training & Certification Program covers the following content:
- Introduction to medical coding systems, healthcare delivery, and other revenue cycle functions within the healthcare arena
- Introduction and overview of ICD-10-CM (Diagnosis) in comparison to ICD-9
- ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and conventions
- General CPT® (Procedural) coding overview, guidelines, and conventions
- CPT® Evaluation & Management (E&M)
- CPT® Modifier
- In-depth look at each CPT® code range
- HCPCS coding system (emphasis on Level II)
- Federal healthcare regulations, laws and sentencing guidelines, audits, and compliance in revenue cycle
- Medicare rules and regulations
- OIG compliance and OIG work plan
- Simulated practice exam (unlimited attempts)
- RMC certification exam (two attempts)
- Online Training & Certification: $1,299.00
- Required books + $285 (Coding books ICD-10, HCPCS II, CPT)
- Anatomy & Terminology + $400 (12 CEUs)
- Career development program + $200
Certification / Credits
The RMC is a nationally recognized outpatient medical coding credential and issued by the Association of Registered Healthcare Professionals (ARHCP). The RMC is authorized through the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC). Like any other outpatient coding credential, the RMC guarantees you will be well prepared to be successful in your coding job and proves to your employer that you have advanced coding knowledge and stay up to date on all yearly coding changes. Unlike other coding credentials, the RMC requires an annual update exam on the current year’s coding changes (also administered online and included in the annual renewal fee) in order to ensure that you stay up to date on all coding changes.
Why choose MMI?
Founded in 1986
Over 4000 certified alumni since 2000
Tens of thousands of CEU course attendees since founding
Medical Management Institute
MMI has a 30+ year history in distance learning and certifications for business professionals in the healthcare industry. The Institute offers 6 certifications for: medical coders (including 2 specialized certifications for E/M coding and HCC risk-adjustment coding), billers, internal auditors,...
Average rating 4.5Based on 4 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...