Water Rights And Water Quality: Interrelationships And Implications
Understand the applicable laws and the intersection between water rights and water quality. Water rights and water quality issues are interrelated, but most legal frameworks tend to focus on one or the other. An understanding of the applicable laws and the intersection between the two fields is essential to anyone whose work involves water. Regardless of how you use water—municipal water supplies, commercial processes, agriculture, or mining—the diversion, use, and return or disposal of the water must comply with the law.
Who should attend?
- Reasonable Beneficial Use-the Common Fundamental Requirement
- Different Water Right Systems Among the StatesRiparian Rights
- History, Elements, and CharacteristicsPrior Appropriation
- History in the Western States
- Elements and Characteristics (First-In-Time/First-In-Right)
- Changing Water RightsLaw of Groundwater
- Relationship to Surface Water
- AdministrationManaging Water Resources
- State Management
- Local Management and Special Districts
- JudicialOther Considerations
- Federal Reserve Rights
- Instream Flow RequirementsFederal Clean Water Act
- Major ProgramsState Water Quality ControlEnforcement Action and Litigation
- Federal and State Enforcement
- Statute of Limitations
- Citizen SuitsIntersections: Water Quality and Supply
About Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...